Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Rush


Yesterday, while we were waiting for the Mass to start, I asked my father “Da, pag ikakasal ako, gagastos ka ba ng bonggang-bongga?” (Dad, if i get married, wil you spend for it extravagantly?)  He told me that it depends as to whom I’ll get married to. He asked if it’s the soldier boy I’m talking about and i gave a huge sigh. I told him, I don’t want to get married with a soldier; he’d only end up hurting me. I told my dad that I want to get married someday but I feel like the right man is lost somewhere out there. He told me to be patient. I told him I’m not getting any younger and he gave me these words—- DON’T RUSH.

He told me a story about his friend who prayed for a good partner:
“Lord, I pray that you bless me with a loving partner… Let him be in an all-white wardrobe… I will wait no matter what as long as i know that you chose him for me…”  months passed and some years have gone by, and at last, someone came knocking on her door. As she opened it, she found a man standing in front of her dressed in white. She slammed the door closed and recalled her prayer. She was surprised! She opened the door once again and helped the visitor in. Later on, they got married.

My dad asked me to pray for real hard and reminded me this thought “If you ask God to LOOK for a partner; don’t go searching anymore.”  I gave it a thinking and I found myself smiling. Funny how I God answered my prayers and I still go on finding loopholes. It’s as if I tell Him that His will be done “UNDER MY CONDITIONS”… Yeah, I know it’s stupid.

Anyway, I told my dad I still want to get married someday. I asked him to pray for me. And I said to him; that if I get to like someone someday (again), I’d like for him to know that person as well. AND REMIND them not to break my heart anymore because I’ve had enough already. He looked at me and said in reply, “Just pray for it. Don’t Rush.”


Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment