Sunday, December 26, 2010

Family Time

For the Lord honored the father above the children,
 and he confirmed the right of the mother over her sons.
Whoever honors his father atones for sins,
 and whoever glorifies his mother is like one who lays up treasure.
Whoever honors his father will be gladdened by his own children, 
and when he prays he will be heard.
Whoever glorifies his father will have long life,
and whoever obeys the Lord will refresh his mother;
he will serve his parents as his masters.
O son, help your father in his old age, 
and do not grieve him as long as he lives;
even if he is lacking in understanding, 
show forbearance;
in all your strength do not despise him.
For kindness to a father will not be forgotten, 
and against your sins it will be credited to you;  
Sirach 3: 2 - 7, 12 – 14


Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, 
compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience,
For bearing one another and, 
if one has a complaint against another, 
forgiving each other; 
as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must 
forgive.
And above all these put on love,
 which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
to which indeed you were called in the one body.
 And be thankful.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly,
 teach and admonish one another in all wisdom,
 and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs 
with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
And whatever you do, in word or deed, 
do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, 
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged
Colossians 3: 12 - 21

I have a perfect family.

John, my father, is dearest to my heart. I love him because he showed me nothing but love. I rarely see him angry. I love the way he combed my hair way back during childhood days. He is very patient; especially when handling "ME". He would carefully align my socks, so I can clearly see that they are indeed a pair (my socks should always be in line...) , he would tie my ribbon wherein the tails are also align with each other, he will carry my bag all the way to my classroom, he would carry me whenever I don't like to walk. He does household chores without complaining; he'd cook, do the dishes, do laundry, make the garden beautiful, take care of the pets, and the like. He'll do all this even if he just came from work. I love him because he never took anything against me. He loved me, no matter what. He's the only one who shows concern towards my behavior. When he sees that I am sad or whenever I talk less, he knows that I'm hiding something from him; then he'd ask me what's wrong. When I answer with a "nothing", he'd invite me to go with him in doing errands--hoping that I would somehow tell him what is wrong. I can tell him anything because he listens attentively. When he's angry, he avoids contact with me so as he can't hurt me (vebal..he never inflicted physical damage.. :]) But he would easily calm down and be happy again. My father is weak in showing his emotions, I never saw him cry...at least not in front of me. I guess that's a father's pride. He is a very strong person that he can love even if that person caused him nothing but pain. My father is a loving dad, friend, companion, and provider. He supports me in all my decisions and I respect his advices because I know it is for my own good.

Lynne, my mother, is an extraordinary person. She was more of a friend than an ordinary mom. I can't say a lot about her because I feel like she's a different person now. My happiest memory with her is when she'll play a role of a monster who tickles people to death. She would call us to help her hang the clothes to dry, then she plays with the hose and splashes water on us. My mom is a nurse. I guess she loved me too. She was the witness to our undying quarrels. She would let us do what we want. She sleeps on the sofa, not with my dad. we sleep with her in the sala because the rooms are untidy. She would meet us in school and then we'd go home together. I know she had a hard time taking good care of us when my dad was working abroad. She played it cool; my classmates would often wish they had a mother like her. Well, they should be careful in making wishes. :))   my mother left for abroad when the family separated seven years ago. She gave me pain that I dread going home to avoid seeing what I cannot bear to see. I went home late and sometimes I stay over a friend's house. I have 3 younger siblings and I never played the role of a big sister to them. I guess I don't know how to act like one--or rather, I was not given a proper example. My mother then was young at heart, with the freedom she had, she took liberty to do what she wanted to do. I was against her plan for leaving, yet we need to gain financial stability. She left  and assured us that we will be her strength and she's doing this sacrifice for US (her children). How easy can she forget. On that other side of the world, lives my mother. And I am sad, for I can't tell or speak beautifully of her. I am trying though. I caused her so much pain with the attitude I have. I tell her what I want to tell her, and sometimes I do evil things just to get back at her. I rebel against her so that she can see me...that I am doing this because I hate what she is doing...yet she is blind, deaf--as always. as always... I want to write beautiful thoughts about her, but I fear that hatred covers my heart. She abandoned me... As the light of our home, she divided us...and for sure, she would blame it all on someone. She always knows who to blame--never her.... never her...

Vinz, my elder brother. I envy his friends because they feel him. He's a sweet brother to them, this is what I observed in his social networks. At times, I wonder how he could be so sweet to others and comes home with a serious face. He rarely spends time with us to talk. Often, I find myself in an argument with him. I wish I could write more about him though... My brother is a kid at heart. One of the special moments we have with him is when we play with toys, he's good in making stories. :)  I know less of him, I guess I only know his name, age, and birthday. I do not know his favorite color, likes, dislikes, crushes, trips, etc.  I don't even know if he has his special someone already. My brother keeps things only to himself. 

Deet, my sister, is a bipolar person (JOKE!!!). She is a very sensitive person. I know her to be the most courageous person in our family. She can survive staying in a place far from us. I am proud that she never came home pregnant or under the influence of drugs. She can work for a living and starve to death... hahahaha... kidding aside, she can do things. She is talented--a singer. I love to make her angry. I order her around the house. I do this because I know she is kind. Even if she'll complain, she will still do as I say. And it makes me happy...seeing her "angry" at me. It gives me an opportunity to cuddle with her. Deets,as we call her, loves to eat sweets. She is a special member of the family. My dad treats her in another way wherein he can show his love to her. Deets keeps everything to herself, although I am a bit happy because she's starting to open up with me. She is very active in her community. But then, I see her struggling with her faith. Her heart is full of anger and hatred towards a dear person. She finds it hard to show love and so she struggles for peace. I love to make her angry... :))

Jill, the youngest sister. She used to be a sweet girl, and now she's a lady. She has a longterm boyfriend. Jill and I used to talk a lot. Sometimes, I cuddle with her because she is serious. (ngek!)  Jill is dearest to my mom. She finds it easy to accept them (mom and uh...) and treats them kindly. This i cannot do because I have great respect for my father. Jill is starting to talk back or do comments that pisses me off. I often pray that she'd be an instrument of peace and not division. She is closest to my mom, my mom and I (and deets) are in a shaky stage and she does nothing about it... none that I know... none that I feel. I always saw Jill as a peacemaker back then, but right now...when she is most needed, I cannot find her. Jill is a reserved person, she keeps things to herself. I hurt her at times and I know by hurting my mother, I hurt her too. Then again, I am hating her because she is failing me...I expect that she'd spread peace among us... but I can clearly see division... like my mom, I can only tell limited things about her. I like her hair, her height, her demure moves... I guess that's just about it... I still pray that Jill would learn how to respect once again and that she bring peace in the family. I love her still, I like to tease her. 

Jeh, is the youngest of us all. He loves to play online games. He studies at ICAS. Jerie is very close to my dad. He's the reason why my father stopped smoking. He disciplines my father. He loves animals. He is growing up now. I know things are harder for Jeremiah since he grew up with a broken family. Much as we wanted it to be normal, I am happy that Jerie turned out to be a responsible young boy. Although he hates to be ordered around, he knows how to help. His temper is quite short. He loves us all. I wish kuya would show him a bit of tenderness and love too. :)  Je lives in fear of our brother. He loves it when my father tells him stories. He loves dada and he gets angry whenever my dad calls himself "old". :))

My family is perfect.

A family is a Church--God's home.
I wish to present a beautiful home for the Lord. Yet my family is divided. I am filled with hatred towards some members of the family. I hate them  because they divide the family. Instead of helping each other attain peace, they nurture that darkness...the darkness that caused division. And my heart aches as I feel darkness covering us. I want a good home for the Lord. I planned to reconcile, yet every time I do, I see things that I hate; actions that get in my nerve, attitude that provoke my hatred. As the reading says, "do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.." I am more than discouraged. I really am. 

Honor your father and mother. I honor my father and respect him so much. How can i honor my mother? when i know her heart is not with the family anymore... She forgot about her promise that we are her treasures...she claims that we are her strength...yet she sided with her man and left me to hate her. She would prefer hating me than hating that man for hurting me. How could I serve my family when i hate the others for bringing division instead of peace? How can I prepare my home if I am filled with hatred. I tried to cast it out, yet I am surrounded with darkness. I feel alone. I love my family yet evil finds its way in us to keep us separated. My siblings don't talk much, they don't join us in mass, and the like. Our family is breaking up. I pray that I be blessed with a heart to reconcile. I pray that we be given peace. That I may honor my family and prepare a home for my God. 

My family is perfect.

Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment