Monday, January 31, 2011

finger

This little finger I give to you, not the thumb; for a thumb is used for a "great" or "boo", a "live" or "kill", and none of which fits you. A thumb is far from the other four; that's what makes it easier for a hand to work. Thumbs up or down, surely I can give you more. But, I choose to give another finger, not a thumb for sure.

This little finger I give to you, not the index; I'm not making a point.The index is used to point out mistakes, to stress, and win a debate. Surely, you would not want to take that finger for yourself, would you? 

This little finger I give to you, not middle one. You would know what that is for, I need not state it all. Then again, the middle finger I'll use for those who play games and leave hearts to bleed as they inflict more pain.

This little finger I give to you, not the pinky. The pinky is the one used to start a count, aside from that I cannot think more about. It doesn't matter if you came first or not, what matters most is that I found you at last. This pinky finger is not for you, 1,2,3,4, I'd need five to continue.

This little finger I give to you, the most powerful of all that binds "me" and "you". This finger could build homes and tear it down at the same time, a finger I call "divine". I choose to give this finger I own, to you and you alone.   It's clearly named as you put a ring to it; you got it right, This ring finger I give. 'Til that day comes where we give our vows, I shall remain trustworthy of your love somehow. Though the road may be tough as we travel to that day, I promise you that I will wait and stay. This finger I give may you respect and cherish; as for me, I shall wait 'til we marry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment